Monday, August 20, 2007

A Surprise Baby Shower


Jason's sister, Erin, is pregnant with her first child. Erin is the closest thing I have to a sister and I talk to her every Sunday evening, she's one of my dearest friends and I am as excited about her having a baby as I was when I was having my own children. With this in mind you can imagine how sad I was when I was not able to plan a spa baby shower for her (we both have a deep affection for days at the spa), so her friend, Vicki, and I put our brains together and decided to plan a surprise shower. I thought what better time is there? We will all be in Missouri for Bonnie & John's 40th wedding anniversary so it will be perfect timing. It was! We were able to have a shower for her and several people who otherwise would not have had the opportunity to welcome this baby were able to be there. On top of that we really surprised her! It was so much fun to see Erin shocked and then begin putting together the pieces. We had so much fun but I have to say one thing, Erin I'm sorry I lied, you know I wouldn't usually do that. :)

No comments: