Thursday, August 2, 2007

Educational setting

When I "retired" from teaching my students kept asking me what I was going to do. I would reply, "I'm going to teach my own children and be a mom." Little did I realize how much teaching happens in every setting in our house. Here is what happened this morning. Z was sitting on the potty, because he keeps asking to and so I try and let him when I can. As he sat there trying to do some business he looked at our shower curtain and we started naming the things on the shower curtain, Eiffel Tower in Paris, Leaning Tower of Pisa, elephants, giraffes, kangaroos, The Golden Gate Bridge, the list goes on. What fun! I had no idea when I found this curtain at Wal-Mart in the clearance isle what a great learning tool it would be - I thought it was just a fun curtain. Who knew?!

No comments: