Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Helpful or scary, you decide

I'm not usually a procrastinator but having to take my four children to any auto repair places is very intimidating to me so I just kept putting off getting my car inspected... perhaps hoping that the car inspection fairies would come and relieve me of this duty. Well they didn't so off we went yesterday morning, trying to beat all the other moron's (no offense intended if you are one of them) who didn't get it done in the other 30 days of the month.
We got to the place that we had taken Jason's car earlier in the month. When I pulled up this guy came to the car and explained that I had two cars in front of me and that it would be at least 30 minutes before they could even get me into the shop. I asked if there was a better time trying to explain that I have four children. He leaned in close and whispered, "you could go across the street to one of the fast oil places and get it done. They usually have more men and less cars so it would be quicker." I gave my thanks and went across the street where Abraham told me that it would at least thirty minutes because there was another car in front of mine. I decided that since my car was just going to be sitting there I would stay put until they came to get it. Well it turns out that I didn't have to get out of my car at all, Abraham came back out and explained that he had to drive it but if I wanted to move to the passenger side the kids and I could stay in the car (in hindsight I see the scary things that could have happened but I tend to be a trusting person so I didn't think about the danger until it was all said and done). Being able to stay in the car was fantastic, Z could watch his movie, A could snooze happily and B&K could sit patiently! So this incredibly stressful situation (that I created) was not stressful at all! Thanks to Abraham!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could have been scary, but it turned out fantastic! I love when places take the fact that you have kids into consideration. Now that is done and you don't have to worry about it for a year. It'll be interesting to see how the kids are then. ;-)

-Christi