Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Cloth diapers Day 1

Thanks to my sister-in-law, Erin I have decided to give cloth diapers another try. I attempted to use them about 9 years ago with a boy named, B - but I was not successful. Today in the attempt to save money & in the hopes of saving a little space in the landfills I tried to put cloth diapers on my 2 year old and 3 month old. So here's what happened. I put one on Z and he immediately looked at me and said, "I don't like it, take it off." I tried to encourage him to try it for a little while but he was pretty adamant so I gave in. Lesson learned - don't try cloth on a kid that can talk. Aw - look I have one that can't talk - "hi A!" So A has had three cloth diapers on today. We had a little leak in the second and third one. Sadly I only have two "plastic pants" so I she is now in a disposable while I wash the pants. My attitude is good, I will not give up. I think this is worthwhile so I will press on & I'm sure I will persevere against the evil leaking diapers.

Here's a picture of A with her cloth diaper on - she's about a pound heavier with these things on! Poor girl - looks like a little pear.


Now with the unrelated stuff:
Today we played with playdoh - it is so hard to keep all the pieces on the table. So today I gave up. Z liked playing in the floor with it.

Here's just a cute pic of Z&A (she's in the cloth here too).

I took this picture yesterday. A was "playing" with her blocks. So cute!

2 comments:

Kierstyn said...

All I have to say,

"You CRAZY!"

Oh, and your baby girl is sooo beautiful! I miss you guys! Hopefully we can connect the next time you're in town so that I can snuggle that sweet girl.

Anonymous said...

Michael is concerned. He said you moved to Austin and became a "tree-hugger". ;-) But we still love you! Good luck with the cloth diapers, you are one brave woman!
Love, Christi