Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Grandpa

On our way home we stopped to see my grandfather. He's not a fan of having his picture taken so I had to persuade him to let Jason take this picture with his great-grandchildren. All of the names that we have given the kids have meant something but I think it is really neat that three of my four children have some connection to him in their names. A's middle name is my grandmother's name, K's middle name is his grandpa's dad's name and Z shares his middle name with this really wonderful man. My blog has become kind of mushy lately, might as well continue, huh? G'pa has always been a father figure to me. I don't remember a time when we didn't live near my grandfather and I don't remember a week growing up that we didn't see him or stay at his house. My fondest memory of him is my brother and I lying in bed at night between him and grandma watching Fantasy Island and Love Boat and eating peanuts. Silly memory I know but I remember feeling so safe and loved when I was at their house. So as you can imagine it is a tremendous blessing that my kids (especially B&K) have had the opportunity to get to know my grandpa.

1 comment:

Kierstyn said...

I love your mushy blog!! Don't sotp!