Tuesday, July 22, 2008

That's disgusting!

Potty Training update (part XXXVI) - at least that is how this feels!

** WARNING **
Please cease and desist if you have any aversions to poop talk!

I believe without a doubt that I am currently in the midst of potty training the most strong-willed child currently living on earth. Seriously he's adorable and I love him but I think he'd be content to have a diaper change on graduation day!

In our attempt to get Z to use the potty we have employed a technique new to us as parents. We like to refer to it as the "In The Buff Technique" - Z has been wandering around our house buck naked. It is a sight to behold, let me tell you. The rule is - if you sit on the furniture you have to sit on your pillow. Seemed to make sense to me!
Sunday this was successful - Z had a #2 success, this is a first since our first Potty Training attempt (yes back in January!). Well today it wasn't quite as successful and here's a snippet of what occurred in our house.

K - (frantic voice) Mom, Z pooped on the floor!
Me - Where?! (praying upon prayers that it was the kitchen)
K - in here, the kitchen
Me - sigh of relief - as I make my way to the crime scene
Z - (squatting next to the evidence) Ooo that is disgusting!!
Me - Yes it is!!

I am hoping that this will be a turning point but I've been there before. Keep praying - please!!!!

5 comments:

Christi said...

hahahahaha! That's hilarious! Remind me of how funny I think this all is when I try to potty train Anthony. Maybe I'll just send him to your house for a few months to poop on the floor. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Sherry, hahaha. That is funny story - from an uncles perspective but I am sorry you had to put up with that. Good luck Mom!

P.S. Cheryl enjoyed it too.

Love, Scott

Anonymous said...

OH MY.....I do believe you have a challenge, but you have never been one to run from challenges. I'm sure K probably wishes she wasn't the one to witness this...Keep up the good work S, he has to give in eventually, especially by his comment !!!!!!!
Love, TMN

Stephanie Talbert said...

Wow....ok so I think I am offically scared of Brayden growing up. And like christi said I might just send him your way...or hers which ever is closer :)

Anonymous said...

That Z!!! Good luck! Love, bmg