Sunday, May 4, 2008

What did you do this weekend?

You tell me... and I will tell you.
I cleaned my closet, as you can see in the pictures below, I had a lot of stuff in my closet. When it was all done (actually mostly done) I had four bags of trash, two bags for Goodwill plus a couple of boxes. Phew! I really needed to clean!


B's friend Harrison came to visit from CS, so I took the "big" kids to Gatti Town last night. Then this morning the B, K & Harrison ran in the 1K fun run.

Oh yea, one other minor thing, I ran/walked in my first ever race - a 5K (that's a little over 3 miles). I'm not sure of my official time but I know I beat my 45 minute goal. Here's my pictorial proof - in a montage.

Last, but not least, Jason wanted me to be sure and tell you that the 80 year old man and speed walking woman beat me. I've got no shame! I did something I never thought I could have done and I passed 3 people... boo ya! hee hee

4 comments:

Kierstyn said...

Sherry, you're AWESOME! Congrats on a GREAT job!

Anonymous said...

I love how you capitalized ran and minimized walked. :-) Good job completing it!

Love,
Christi

Anonymous said...

How great was that...I'm really proud of you, not only the 5K Run, but the closet---Woo Hoo...
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Sherry, words cannot express how proud of you I am! You are awesome!! You are not just accomplishing a fitness goal, you are taking the time to take care of yourself AND setting a great example for the kids. You really accomplished more than just your first 5K. Here's to many more runs (and your triathalon) and maybe even some races we can do together! Congrats!!
-Erin