Monday, May 19, 2008

Dance, dance, dance & update

This seems to be the new theme of my blog! I caught this on video today and had to share. As you can see in the background (toward the end) the bike is STILL in the box. Bad Daddy - Jason! Z wasn't feeling really well this weekend so Jason put it off until next weekend. So Z&A just have to wear their new helmets in their chariot - that is what I call the bike trailer that I borrowed from my friend, Heather. Oodles of fun! I'll try to get a picture soon.
Not a lot to report over the weekend, we cleaned the garage, sold our bed frame & box springs and now I'm anxiously awaiting a phone call tomorrow to see if I can get my bed! Yesterday afternoon I had VBS training and church in the evening. Today I took the kids in their chariot to the pool, A's first time playing in the pool this season. She's going to be a fish just like big brother B! If I can just get her and Z to behave in the chariot I will be set. At one point I turned around to see them batting at each other and yelling - oh what fun that is to pull along two yelling children beating on each other!!! Ugh! I debated yelling out, "this is not a jungle gym, don't make me pull this chariot over!" I opted for rolling my eyes, praying that no one got hurt and peddling like mad.
Last but not least, just to update you on my tri-training, I am signing up to compete in my first triathlon on Saturday, June 21st! Tomorrow night I will be doing my first open water swim - that's tri-code for non-chlorinated, muddy, bug and fish infested waters, did I already say UGH in this blog? Yep - oh well it must be repeated! Which leads me to my final update in this area, two weeks ago I swam 200 yards without stopping and last week I swam 3 - 200 sets back to back (I stopped between each of those)! I can say with all honesty that it isn't pretty but I DID it! Yea me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sherry! You rock! Good luck on your triathlon! Good luck also with your "open water swim". FYI: Fish and geckos share something in common - they both eat peoples toes for dinner. hehehehehe Love you.

Anonymous said...

That video is adorable! She gets her dance moves from her mommy.;-) Good job on the training for the triathalon, I continue to be impressed!

Love,
Christi