Thursday, May 29, 2008

Texas

You know I love my new home state... but what is this obsession (need I remind you that Alaska is bigger?). Ha ha! Just had to get a little dig in before I started my story. (If that doesn't get a comment or two I think I'm going to hang up my blogger hat!) I just don't remember this many Missouri themed events when I was a kid - let me contemplate that: Truman drops a bomb theme, Lewis & Clark stroll through MO theme, Jesse James shoot out theme, okay I got it Samuel Clemens theme... nope none of those quite make the mark like TEXAS!
Tuesday night my eldest child, B was in a musical at his school. Anyone want to guess what it was about? Yes, good job Mr. Watson - TEXAS! When we moved here to the great big state of Texas B went to preschool and he had a Texas themed graduation, now we move again and another Texas theme! As you will see our B is a multi-talented individual and the musical was great (as were all the other Texas themed events we've been to in the last 6 years).
Enjoy the pictures and little video clip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy - I missed both of those Texas themed programs!! But - it was great to be able to see it on video! Wish we could have been there to see the whole thing! Love, bmg

Anonymous said...

LOL! Michael said a state that can melt is not a state, so we're bigger. ;-) And yea for the flag of Mexico! Good job B! :-)

Love,
Christi

Kierstyn said...

B, you looked great, you did an awesome job!

Sherry, I'm so with you on the whole Texas thing. There is a mindset here, that no other state has. Oh, the conversations I have had with my Texas born and bred husband about the vast benifits of living in such a great state! And yes, the people here are very nice. However, because they have all that, they get to think they're better than everyone?

And of course, we all know the answer is a resounding YES! :-)

Oh well. I really do like Texas. Other than the heat that goes on for nine months of the year. :-)