Friday, May 2, 2008

Little Z

Yesterday (as you know if you are a regular blog reader) was Z's 3rd birthday. Here are some pictures and stories about our day.
When Jason asked him how old he was he said, "I'm two." Jason tried to explain that he was 3 but Z wouldn't hear any of it, because in his mind you can't be 3 until you blow out your candle, eat your cake and people sing to you. Jason had a birthday donut with him for breakfast but that just didn't cut it!
When K got up I asked Z to tell her what today was. His response, "It's your birthday!" Not quite.
K and I made Z a little birthday surprise, see picture below.


I can explain! If I make cupcakes (which I will be doing for the "big" party) I WILL eat them! I have a horrible sweet tooth. So this way Z had a "cupcake" to eat for his birthday and I had something to snack on that was semi-healthy. This reminds me of the another Z funny - he looked in the oven while these "cupcakes" were cooking and said, "those are muffins man." Ha, ha, ha... can't fool him.

Finally on the way home from dinner, Z picked Texas Roadhouse (with only a little bit of encouragement from his daddy) we sang happy birthday to him. He enjoyed it so much that we ended up singing it to him 5 or 6 more times before we got home. At which time we listened to the messages on the answering machine and low-and-behold G'ma Bonnie & G'pa John had called and were singing his new favorite song. Enjoy this little serenade!


John - aren't you glad I was able to get the end of that on video? American Idol would surely be calling you if you weren't, how old was that again?!

2 comments:

Kierstyn said...

Looks like a good day was had by all!

And the montage was so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Maybe we'll have to re-think the "Happy Birthday" calls!! It would have sounded better if you had been able to record the whole thing, though - (I hope)! Anyway - it was really fun to see his reaction to our call!! Looks like he had a great REAL birthday - even if he does have to wait 10 days for the big party! Love bmg