Saturday, May 24, 2008

Swim Meet - May 23

Last night we had our first summer swim league meet. Yes, that is right, last night. That is highly unusual, ordinarily they are Saturday mornings but apparently someone had the date wrong and then they didn't want to rearrange it. SO we had a night time meet and it ran VERY long (we got home at 11:15 and we left early). Jason stayed home with "the babies" and I took the big kids so that I could volunteer and be a timer. My friend, Belle took some great pictures as you will see below.
Before I show you the pictures let me tell you about B&K. They did dyn-O-mite! K was a little hesitant about her first swim meet but she did great, I even got to time her once and each time she swam I got a great big wet fishy kiss after she was done. How can you beat that? B has been swimming "competitively" for about 4 years now and lately his coaches have asked him to see that competitive streak. B (for all of you who know him this is no surprise) is a very laid back kid - easy going (just like his dad) and non-aggressive, so you can imagine that this is not an easy thing for him to just pull out. Well last night he did it! I got to see it from the sidelines when he got about half way through the pool he suddenly; hit turbo drive, kicked in the power boosters, swam like he had three arms (maybe four)! Yep that is right my boy, B, dominated and pulled out a win! It was impressive!



Tonight the kids had a birthday party - they roller skated (aw memories! I heard 99 red balloons, some Prince, Madonna and visited with other 30ish women who remembered playing limbo, four corners and couples only skating... wow brings back the memories - if only I had a pair of socks I would have been rockin'). Oh yea and they bowled - this was not the type with a bar though so my childhood memories of going to the bar while my mom bowled and ordering Shirley Temples was not relived. Phooey!
Finally tomorrow we have a big day. The kids and I have volunteered (okay I volunteered myself and them) to go and assist at the Cap Tex Tri in Austin - should be loads of fun. We will be helping out at a run station, passing out water. We are going to cheer on "our team" - the group that I've been training with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Y'all have been busy! Congrats K and B!!! That took a lot of hard work for both of you, great job!

Love,
Christi

Unknown said...

B & K: you guys are AWESOME!!!! B way to go buddy pulling out a win. K you are going to be a fantastic swimmer. If I didn't know any better I would say your mom (and uncle) is very proud of you!