Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy V Day

So I'm a little early but there is a funny (and sort of sad) story to go with my v-day wishes to you! I bought each of the "big" kids a little heart with some chocolate for Valentine's Day several weeks ago - I was so proud of myself, getting an early start. Well tonight we decided to give the kids their candy before the on-slot of candy from the big V-day parties tomorrow. So I brought the hearts out and gave one to each child, only to come to the screetching realization that K just got spacers put in today and she is not allowed to have anything chewy, gooey or sticky *um candy*! I felt TERRIBLE!
So I'm terribly sorry sweet K - I love you and hope that you have a really great V-day with a glass of water and perhaps a bowl of pudding! :)

The boys were happy with their gifts!

K - not so happy!

There's her sweet smile, she was happy because I made four layer delight (yum!)

Finally....

B&K both made us V-day cards. K's was beautiful and very sweet & B's made me smile.
Here's what it said:

I'd give you an award winning novel from myself for Valentine's Day but....


I'm not a published author and I haven't made a novel so I give you this. Attached was a piece of paper that was decorated like a U.S. dollar bill that said, "In God we Trust to give eternal love"
WOW! Now that's a Valentine's Day Card!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy St.Valentines Day to all of you. I am proud K got her spacers, 1st step in this process of a more beautiful, if possible, smile.
What a Valentine from B...can't wait for him to become an award winning author...is that another thing he is planning...I know about the olympics...what aspirations!!!!!!
Love tmn

Anonymous said...

That's a very sweet card! Tell K I'd be happy to remove the temptation for her, oh what am I saying, I know how you are with sweets. ;-) Poor girl, hopefully she can enjoy them soon. Happy Valentine's Day!

Love,
Christi

Anonymous said...

Bummer about K not being able to eat her Val. Day present. My nephew is really creative. That is a fantastic line. I think I might try to steal it and use it myself...

Love,
Scott

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!!
K - your Valentine will be those pretty straight teeth you will soon have! Too bad you didn't tell them to wait until the day after Valentine's Day - ha! I'm glad you at least got your pudding dessert - better than candy!! Cute pictures and cute kids! Hope you all had a terrific day! Love, bmg

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute?!! Where is that sweet little fourth child????
Love, Me