Friday, April 4, 2008

The week in review

This week was exciting. K and I (with Z's help of course) did our first science experiment. We've been learning about plants and this tied right in. Enjoy this montage:



Z learned about the new computer & head phones - so cute.

Oh yea and he built the "coolest robot EVER!"


A started walking AND climbing. She loves to stand in her "thinking" chair, we are working on that!

Happy Belated Birthday Andy - hopefully this time we will be able to see these pictures.

At Jason's graduation in 2006.

At Andy's graduation with B&K in 2003.

Finally, I decided to start training for a triathlon! *gasp* I have been wanting to since July when B ran, swam & rode in his but I have procrastinated my way into April! Last night I started talking to B's swim coach (who also does a lot with the triathlon club) and she mentioned that they were starting an 8 week session meant to prepare or introduce people and said I could start Friday with a small 10 mile ride. I went into panic/excitement mode. I called several people to see if they thought I could do this and the answer was unanimously - YES! So I took my bike (last ridden about 3 years ago) and had a tune up done and the tires aired up and I WENT! I tried to psych myself out all day but I did it and I couldn't be happier, thank you Rachael for helping me through one of my more psycho moments today!
I will be feeling this in the morning! Especially my skinned up knee - ha! Funny side note: when you bike 12 miles (yep they added two on me somewhere along the way) and then get off your legs feel something like jell-o and when I tried to stand on my right foot and take off it gave out and I fell down - I love a good fall so I laughed at that! So hurdle one is over, now hurdle two... swimming - that's Tuesday night! Woo hoo! Prayers are always nice! :)
Here's a picture of me after my 12 mile ride.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow K, the carnations look great. Did I mention you are my hero, Sherry? I don't think I've ridden a bike 12 miles in the last 20 years. Sadly, I mean it. As the Aussies would say- Good on ya!
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Loved the video and all the other pix. Cool carnations! Congratulations, Sherry, on your bike ride! Good luck with the rest of your training. You can do it!
Love, Me