Thursday, April 24, 2008

A pictorial vocabulary lesson

altruistic ~ unselfishly concerned for or devoted to the welfare of others


K made a teddy bear today & gave it to her brother, Z (since BB is still missing).



bookish ~ given or devoted to reading or study


Z has begun to enjoy some really deep reading - today we discussed nuclear fusion! Whoa!



disheveled ~ Marked by an absence of cleanliness and order


my living room! I looked at it today and thought no wonder you feel so out of sorts!!!



osmosis ~ the diffusion of fluids through membranes or porous partitions


no really that's what we studied in science this week.



muss ~ A lack of order or regular arrangement


and I'm not just talking about the hair!



purse ~ a small bag, pouch, or case


yea that was the giveaway word for the week. A loves carrying around this little purse and it's just so cute... that here's another picture.




ingenuity ~ the quality of being cleverly inventive or resourceful; inventiveness

I was impressed.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy do I know disheveled! That's what my house is like most of the time, but I'm glad you got your living room back. :-) See you tonight!

Love,
Christi

Unknown said...

Good pictures Sherry! Thanks for sharing your kids with me this weekend. Did they get my letters?