Monday, April 21, 2008

I feel so loved

I've had two people email or comment that I have been slacking in my blog writing duties - so sorry!
So here's my weekend recap:
Saturday morning we were up bright and early - I had a yard sale (hoping to sell our old bedroom furniture - alas Jason & I had to lug it back into the house!) but we did make enough to off-set the cost of new dressers for the kids. Saturday afternoon K,Z&A went to Emma's birthday party and had a blast jumping in the blow up jumper. B had his friend Hank over to play. Then Saturday evening we went on bike rides with the big kids - Jason went with B and I went with K. I'm hoping for my birthday to get my own road bike & a bike trailer so that we can go out as a family. Until then we take turns.
Sunday we got up bright and early had breakfast and went to work on our bedroom - we are DONE! We debated painting the ceiling and I still think we should but we were so ready to be done with our week long project (ha ha - it took over a month!) that we didn't want to commit to painting the ceiling too! If we get this wild home improvement bug again we already have the paint so we could do it "easily." Now we just need to sell this furniture so we can buy new dressers. We couldn't help but laugh last night at how naive we are that we thought this would be a quick project and how we are selling one set of perfectly good furniture to get another (the older set is just too large with our king-sized bed and new desk). Yesterday afternoon I went to a VBS meeting and I signed up to help... I was a little worried until I found the perfect job for me. I will be in charge of taking pictures and creating a slide show each day! I am SO excited! Then yesterday evening we had worship service with our church, The Journey. When we got home we put the room back in order, as much as possible. We obviously have more to do.

As usual here's pictorial proof that all is well in hot Texas with Jason's Clan - Enjoy!

Z's still trying to dress himself
(yep pants & shirt are both backwards).


My guy!
(showing off my new bedroom!)


She's really fast - sometimes I'm just lucky to get the diaper back on -
forget buttoning the clothes!
Sisters enjoying some book time together.
Silly smiles from my favorite 10 year old.
A day in K's life (currently it is 12:55pm and she's still got 4 things left to do).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok - I guess you were busy - ha! I wish I had your energy! Nice pictures!
Love, bmg