Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saturday

We have had a very busy Saturday. I woke up this morning to my 9 year old (not my 7 week old!) telling me, "Get up it's 5:45." My first thoughts were, "Wow! I slept all night - thank you A!" quickly followed by, "oh yea we have a swim meet this morning." I got K up and got breakfast for the three of us then we went speedy quick to the pool so that I could write on them in permanent marker, my personal favorite thing about swim meets. :)

They both swam great and tried hard - I couldn't and wouldn't have asked for more. At one point I had to run home and feed A. While I was here Jason and I noticed the most peculiar thing, Z with his shirt up and baby bear hugged up close, when we asked what he was doing he said, "feeding baby bear." Well of course we couldn't resist this picture (Jason is wondering what Mark will say about this). I thought it was very sweet.

Here are the results we know as of today:
K came in 7th in one of her events but was disqualified from several for illegal moves - i.e. she used the wrong stroke or kick or a combination of the two. She had a good time and swam her best and that is what counts!
B came in 1st for the 100 yard Individual Medley, 2nd in the 25 yard freestyle and 3rd in the 25 yard breaststroke. I'm not sure what happened to the other three he swam in but I do know one was a relay and his group was disqualified.
Again we had a great time and now we are going to relax the rest of the day.

No comments: