Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ten Things

I composed a list of the ten things I love about each of my children as they are right now. I wish that I had done this when the older two were little. It is fun to sit and think about the little things that are sweet or cute. Here's my lists (the items aren't in any order - this isn't late night tv!):

Ten things I love about B (age 9):

1.) His great sense of humor

2.) He always knows how I’m feeling even when I wish no one did

3.) He is an awesome athlete who amazes me at his flexibility and diverse abilities

4.) The way he talks to his brother and sisters

5.) His beautiful blue eyes

6.) His caring nature toward all people (not so much toward bugs)

7.) His laugh

8.) How brave he is in new situations

9.) His hugs!

10.) His curiosity

Ten things I love about K (age 7):

1.) The way her nose flares when she’s laughing really hard

2.) Her willingness to do anything you ask with a smile

3.) The look she gives me when I tell her to stop whining

4.) K logic – I can’t ride my bike because my nose feels funny (I made that one up but hers are like that)

5.) The way she kisses her little brother and sister

6.) The way she reminds me of myself when I always wanted what my big brother had

7.) Her hair when it is brushed

8.) Her easy-going spirit

9.) How she taught herself to ride a bike

10.) Her silly smile when she realizes she just said or did something silly

Ten things I love about Z (age 2):

1.) His face when he’s sleeping

2.) The way he wants me to hold him when he wakes up from nap

3.) Hearing him talking in the morning before he gets out of bed

4.) Watching him give kisses at bedtime

5.) Listening to him learn to talk, I love how he repeats what we all say in such an innocent voice

6.) Hearing him sing, “Golden thinking chhhair!”

7.) When he says, “I hold her,” several times over and then holds A for less than 5 seconds

8.) He’s so honest. When I ask are you messing up your brothers Legos? He will answer very honestly, “yes.”

9.) His giggle

10.) “I want up!”

Ten things I love about A (age 6 weeks):

1.) Her smell

2.) Her smile

3.) Her coos & giggles (breathy little noises)

4.) Her silly middle toe (better known as the forgotten toe)

5.) The way she sleeps so well

6.) Her hand when she’s nursing – fingers flared out

7.) The noises that she makes when she’s nursing – very noisy eater

8.) Her faux-hawk

9.) Her sweet little nose – if you touch it sometimes she will smile

10.) Her wide eyes

No comments: