Friday, June 15, 2007

A sleeps

A slept through the night from 10pm to 4am! I really needed that... the night before we had a rough time with a 1am feeding and then getting up at 4:30 and thinking that it was time to be wide awake and alert. Now I'm not going to assume that this is A's new normal but oh how nice it was for her to sleep all night last night.
B&K are doing math and reading work this summer. We have a program set up that they are really enthusiastic about, here it how it works. They do a lesson in a math book that we bought them or a reading lesson and when they are done to my satisfaction they draw a card from a deck of playing cards, this tells them how many points they got for doing their lesson. We add the points up and Jason and I have predetermined rewards. For example: 50 points and they can buy a candy bar or gum at the store, 100 points they can buy a lunchable, 250 points they can buy a new book, or 400 points they can get a new toy. Yesterday they were so excited about it that they both did two lessons (I had to put a maximum on the lessons so I don't run out of work).
Today we are going to go get B's friend so that he can stay the night.
Here are some pictures of my little sweeties - you can see who the sleepy heads are and who is up causing havoc around the house in the morning.




Finally this is an image I want to keep forever in my mind. I love the way A flexes her fingers while she's eating. It reminds me of how K used to rotate her feet in a circle when she ate. I love these sweet little idiosyncrasies. A also has a toe that I want to get a picture of and show you. More about that later.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Yea for A, good girl sleeping all that time. I love the photos, of course I always love them, what can I say???? I really like the one of B, it really shows his new haircut, looks good on him. Hope B and Harrison have a great time, I'm sure they will.
Love to all, miss you.
Love, Mom