Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dear Scott (BKZA update)

A’s sleeping through the night! Hallelujah! I hope I’m not jinxing myself but the last three nights she’s slept fine, the two previous to that she woke up once each, yelled and went back to sleep. Sleep is so nice! In addition the bucket training is working, the last several nights she has not given me any grief when I’ve put her to bed – well she yelled that she wanted a book tonight but no need to stick the bucket in her face so that is a big improvement. Go little A!!

B is going to play Alto Saxophone next year in band. Turns out that he rocks and has a musical ability that has heretofore been undiscovered. Every instrument he picked up he was able to blow on correctly – who knew. We may have a little musical savant (okay I’m a too proud momma!). Either way he’s decided not to continue with guitar (much to my dismay) but has decided to focus on sax and swimming. I’m just here to support him, clean his laundry, fix his dinners, transport him from here to there, you know the minor stuff.

K will be taking piano lessons this summer and deciding in the fall if she wants to continue. She’s very excited about this. I’m hoping it is rewarding to her. She’s such an amazing girl – always so kind and gentle, hardly ever complains and is a wonderful little mother to her younger siblings. I couldn’t have asked for a more gentle soul!

Z is going to be 4 years old tomorrow! CRAZY! We are sending the ingredients to make dirt cups in his class at childcare – he was a little concerned when I told him this. He said he thought that might give him a stomach ache. We took him out for dinner tonight and when I complained that I ate too much he said, “well some people do eat too much but I don’t.” Good point oh wise and brilliant 4 year old! Brat.

That’s it for tonight – I know I’m not catching up to Cheryl on my word count but you have to give me credit for trying. G’night!


P.S. Here's a picture of purple leg girl - no worries she still has her temper. The story here is that I took away the paint... hmm I wonder why?! FYI - in this picture you can see she missed her target (her mouth!).

4 comments:

Christi said...

Very impressive! A lot of kids want to play saxophone, so they usually only let the ones that look like they'll succeed and have musical understanding play it. Go B!!

And I can so see K being a pianist. I hope she enjoys it. Your house is going to be filled with music. :-)

Happy Early Birthday Z! We miss you and love you!

Oh and Sherry Rocks. ;-)

tmn said...

Yea for A, sleeping all night...I'm sure you feel better.
What about B and that Alto Sax, who knew ??? He and his Mom can rock...and then K at the piano, WOW !!!! I hope she enjoys the piano,she has one already to bee transferred to you home from MO. How proud would that make Great G'pa Jess !!
Best of all..Happy Birthday Z, where has 4 yrs gone ??? We love you very much. Sending Hugs & Kisses, until we can see you.
Love, Nana & Papa Coach

Sherry said...

Oh I should have known. I totally jinxed myself! A was up at 4am yelling her fool head off. I ended up dumping her unceremoniously in my bedroom floor and told her to go to sleep as she yelled, "bed!" Nope if you can't sleep there without yelling and waking up the house then you get the floor! Little toot.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha. I really like that picture of A! That is what I do at work when things aren't going my way. Hahaha. This is a little late but tell Z happy birthday for me!

Scott