Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dear Scott (A's first day back to childcare)

Dear Friends

My wayward brother Scott is in Congo and apparently is looking for emails. I've informed him that all my posts will be specifically for him. This will make him feel all happy and giddy inside so please allow this slight change in my format. As you will see the posts will continue to be the stimulating and incredibly witty blog postings you are familiar with they will just start a little differently to give that wayward brother of mine a little extra TLC (tender loving care - not the learning channel :P)

So let me tell you about today! We went to childcare this morning – you know the same place that A barfed all over the table last week? (yea they let us come back) A went with Z to his classroom, it made her happier to be with big brother and eerily he is VERY sweet to her when I’m not around (I still bring out the worst in my children!) – anyway Ms. Lauren agreed to take A to her class when things settled down. Here’s what happened, Z and Ms. Lauren took A across the hall and she got MAD! She started her coughing and her gagging and they took the bucket, that I so kindly provided, and she spit in it and then sat back to listen to a book and was FINE after that. I know she did fine because Ms. Lauren checked on her several times for me. Is A a nut or what?! She was very happy to see me and had a good day, after the little incident. I’ve gotta stay strong in those situations, I heard it coming and was yelling across the hall. Picture me behind a child proof gate, unable to figure the *#@!&#$^ thing out, yelling, “she’s going to blow!” Ha ha – pretty funny picture huh?

Okay that is the scoop for today – gotta get back to work.

8 comments:

Christi said...

Ok so there were 3 things that made me laugh:
1. "I still bring out the worst in my children." That is hilarious and true for me too! :-)
2. A "spitting" in the bucket. I have an image of your sweet little girl taking a moment out of her screaming to spit.
3. The image of you standing at the baby gate, unable to open it. LOL

Your blogs make me laugh.

For Scott: how's it going? Whatcha doing in Congo? Hope you're doing well!

Anonymous said...

Sherry, you rock! :-) Yea I miss you guys. TLC from my sister is great. Good luck with A. How are Z, B and K doing? I really like your new furniture.

Christi: Did I mention my sister rocks! (Even though I had to bribe her to write me emails with the promise of African trinkets when I get back to the US. hehehehe) I am working 28 day rotations in the Republic of Congo installing deep subsea equipment to get oil out of the ground. I am working for a company called FMC Technologies and I am really enjoying the work. Best part: when I finish this rotation in a couple weeks I am headed to Utah to learn how to paraglide for two weeks. (I am pretty excited about that.) Are you stil in College Station? How are you and your family doing? Are you back teaching full time?

Anonymous said...

Hey Sherry, good luck with that job!!!! I am rooting for you. Love Scott

Bonnie said...

Maybe that bucket is going to do the trick after all!! Good job, Mommy!!

Christi said...

Glad you like your job, Scott. Sounds like you get some amazing experiences. :-) And yes, I know your sister rocks, that's why I love being her friend!

We're still in C.S. and doing great. But I'm not working anymore. Michael is working hard to support my bon-bon eating habit now that I'm a stay at home mom to 2 kiddos. :-)

tmn said...

I admire your courage & the teachers that work with you on your quest to conquer A's spitting(?), or barfing.....Now, show me a child that doesn't behave better when parents aren't around...none!!! I know my 2 were great & behaved better for others than for me....ha ha.
Hi Scott, sounds like quite a life you have going for yourself....have fun, and take care.
Love, tmn

Sherry said...

How cool is it to read your comments and see that everyone thinks I rock! HA - they were teasing me at work yesterday that I just want to hear people say that. Guess I'll let them know that I'm getting my fill. Thanks Christi & Scott - love you two and appreciate that you think I rock ('cuz secretly that's my life time goal to make everyone think I ROCK!). hee hee

Anonymous said...

Sherry, say hi to Christi for me. I don't know that she is going to look back at this web page. Hey, you might rock, but there is room for improvement. Here are some suggestions: 1. Fooy rubs / back massages for your brother. 2. Letting my nieces and nephews stay up late and eat candy. Hahaha.
Scott