Friday, April 10, 2009

Slow Down!

As you all know here at Jason's Clan we don't slow down - not even for living room remodeling. Since I was last able to post a blog we've had lots going on.

B has started guitar lessons - alas his dad's old electric guitar is not conducive to lessons so if he wants to continue to learn we'll have to invest in a different instrument. Apparently the music bug has bit B because in addition to that he wants to join band next year in middle school (I'm pausing here for everyone to pick themselves back up after that news flash - B's starting middle school last year!) *gasp* Okay - dust yourselves off and let's continue. B wants to be in the band and play baritone - so he may be a little instrument whiz by the time this is all done.

K has started piano lessons now too. I'm hoping some day soon we'll have need for that piano that is waiting for us in Missouri - it'll be a good reason to travel to MO.

A is trying so hard to talk but she's still convinced that the best form of communication is simply to throw herself to the ground and give a good old fashioned primal scream - that's my little cave baby. She loves a bath and I believe (no undisputed proof yet) that she is actually messy at meals so that I will be forced to bathe her. When I pick her up and talk about how dirty she is she immediately lights up and says, "baf, baf!" Turkey! Her favorite part of the "baf" is pouring water over her head and then giggling, gurgling and grinning from ear to ear as the water drips down her face.

Z is now taking swim lessons. He's so much fun to watch and he's getting more and more comfortable with every class he takes. I'm going to keep taking him all summer until he's got the moves! I know he can do it and I feel so strongly about water safety and being comfortable in the water (something that was not always the case for Mr. Z - my little maniac is also the only child I've had that won't put his face in the water and recoils at being splashed or doused with the cool refreshing cement pond contents). So hi ho hi ho it is off to swim lessons we go. He's doing great and LOVES going.

So the news you have all been waiting for - we remodeled our living room. Yippee! I've waited so long for hard wood floors and now I have them and my dh is terrified that they'll get scratched and is on red alert with every toy, foot wear and objects that 4 children wander around carrying! Ugh! But the living room is beautiful and now we are saving money to buy some furniture - think I'll sell the couch so that we'll feel some serious pressure to lay off the eating out so we can have a comfy seat again!! That'd be motivation!

Here's some pictures to show you that we may not write, we may not call, we may not even breath outside this house sometimes - but we are still never slowing down!


K making Daddy's Angel Food Cake.

Daddy & the clan

Before

During

Oops - I don't have an after. Probably because it still doesn't have all the furniture back in.



How I found A sleeping the other night. So sweet & silly.


How Daddy found A sleeping the other day at dinner.


Waiting for swim lessons to start.


I love that face!


Ice cream scoops.


My favorite shot of the night.
He gave me the thumbs up right after his successful jump into the pool.
Way to go Z!!

3 comments:

tmn said...

Yea...Way to go Z !!!! I love the thumbs up. A needs to take longer naps/ or sleep thru the night...Huh ? Such cute photos. I love the new floor !!! Be sure and don't sell the sofa until after the B'day of 2 toddlers. I love how you are updating your home a little at a time, but it really shows and looks great !!!! I need K to come home with me and cook, look like she did a great job on J's B'day cake,,,Happy Birthday J.
Love to all,
tmn

tmn said...

It's me again!!! I am soooo happy that B&K are into music, keep up the good work with the lessons. Nothing would make G'pa Jess happier than for K to need that piano !!!!
Love, tmn

Unknown said...

If A is falling asleep like that at dinner, you guys definitely are not slowing down! :-) I love how the floors look! I'm so excited for you getting them. And YAY for B wanting to be a band nerd! He has the full support of the Findley family. :-) Baritone is what Michael played until he switched to trombone for the Aggie band. Yay for musicians!!