Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sad little girl

Here's the story!
Sunday - around 9am our little A had a mishap with a Little People Bus, a twin sized bed and an overactive sense of adventure. Beyond that we don't know what happened, just that A fell out of the bed and that the bus may have been involved. We've discussed it with eye witnesses (Z and a handful of Little People) but we've been unable to get the real story. After this A wouldn't put any weight on her left foot so Jason & B took her to urgent care where they x-rayed her left leg. Sunday evening she continued to be unable to walk so I decided (with the advice from urgent care) to call her doctor on Monday. I got in at 11:30 - by then I had determined that she was now putting weight on the left foot but would not put her right foot down on the ground. The doctor wanted to x-ray the right foot (I foo fooed that thinking it was just sprained - I'm not a doctor and I won't make that mistake again) turns out that the right leg had two fractures in it. Poor sweet A now has a cast and will have it until her 2nd birthday, May 11th. Let me tell you that my little sea cucumber/cave baby did GREAT getting her cast on. She sat and watched, didn't fuss and when it was over even graced the wonderful people (they stayed late to wait for us!) who helped her with one of her sweet smiles. We are now learning to adjust to this new apparatus and trying to convince her that baths aren't that great.
On an ironically funny note - the urgent care clinic called me yesterday in the midst of my phone calls with the doctor to give me the good news that her left leg was not broken! Phew!!

Right after the accident.

The only good thing about illness/injury is that you get to sleep in Mommy & Daddy's bed.

See I can touch my toes.

Helpful big brother Z.

Sweet A is learning to adjust.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

So sweet! Soon she'll be an old pro at getting around with that cast on - just a matter of adjusting, I suppose. But the baths - now that's going to be a challenge!! Soak up all the lovin' you can A!! You deserve to be a princess!

Unknown said...

Give that sweet little girl a hug from all of us! I hope she heals quickly and doesn't get too used to all the attention and pampering. hehe ;-)

Bonnie said...

Way to go Z - helping out your little sister!

Kierstyn said...

I think it's a little ironic that your previous post was titled "Slow Down" and in the next post one of your kids has a broken leg. :-)

Hope A gets better soon!

Wordy girl said...

Sweet Baby A! We are praying for a quick recovery!