Friday, May 1, 2009

Dear Scott (Happy B'day & Jinx)

I jinxed myself last night. No more talking about how great A is! I won’t even tell you about how she didn’t throw a fit at childcare today – nope won’t say a word about how she even saw me on the playground and still went to her class without a peep. Because if I do then it will be like last night. I commented on how well she’d been sleeping and WHAM she was awake at 4am yelling at me. Woke Z&K up – B’s the lucky one up at the front of the house. So don’t worry you won’t be hearing anything about my beautiful A today, you won’t get me to open up on this one!


Happy Birthday Z! My crazy smart little scientist performed an experiment after childcare this morning. While I was working to get A down for her quiet time Z asked if he could fill up a water bottle. I said yes, assuming (yea, yea I shouldn’t have!) that my Z-man would be happily drinking his refreshing water. When I walked in the kitchen there he was with his water bottle and two magnets, a plastic fork and a Gameboy cartridge in the bottle! I flipped! When I finally got to the point of finding out what in the world he was thinking I found out that he’d been trying to see which ones floated and which ones sank. Okay yea he’s brilliant BUT he destroyed a Gameboy cartridge – ugh! I backtracked, complimented him on his fine experimenting skills and then instructed him in the future to ask before he put things in water because you never know what might not be “allowed” in water.


I’ll write more later if anything happens in my quiet serene house – in other words check your email later!

2 comments:

tmn said...

Oh, my goodness....you have another engineer blooming, who would have thought that.... I'm so proud of A, and her behavior at childcare, very, very good little gal. I do hope for your and everyone's sake she remembers that she is to sleep all night !!!!!
Love, tmn

Anonymous said...

Sherry, yea I agree with that other comment. Z sounds like another engineer. Good luck with A - I am glad the situation is improving! Hey check your email...