Monday, May 4, 2009

Dear Scoot (toothpicks and nonsense)

I can hardly ever find the time to email on the weekends. It used to be that was when I got all my “computer” work done and now I can’t seem to get time on the computer on the weekends unless I’m willing to wait up until 12am. Which I did this weekend but only so I could watch three episodes of Doctor Who – yep I’m that big of a dork, but I wasn’t alone!!
We ran around on Saturday – nothing exciting. Then Sunday was a busy day with church and then Front Porch Days (FPD) – our community does this every spring and it is one of my favorite things about this neighborhood! I love it – I’m never looking forward to it but once I go I’m so happy I did. It is crowded but every where I turn I know someone from school, Girl Scouts, swim team or church – love it! K was selling cookies this weekend at FPD for her troop – they donated the money to an organization that provides meals for kids during the summer. B wandered around, helped out the swim team booth a little and spent $10 on a huge bucket of kettle corn (ugh)! Did I mention we rode our bikes down there? So we were wondering how in the world we were going to get that stinking bucket home when one of my friends popped up and volunteered to put it on our porch – love this neighborhood!
I have a fun Z story for the day. Today I allowed Z to decorate some stars for our church next week and I gave him a toothpick (which I mistakenly called a q-tip, now that was an error!) and accidentally left the rest of the box there next to him. I came back a few minutes later to check on him and you can imagine the mess of toothpicks I found sitting next to him! He wanted one more and ended up dumping half the contents on the table.

1 comment:

tmn said...

You must know that I absolutely love your blog. I get so much info, and written so well....only you and your wonderful sense of humor and great family, such a diverse group !!!!!
Love ya, tmn