Thursday, November 8, 2007

Here's the scoop

Hello all! I'm going to miss Erin & her family but I have to admit that I am so glad to be back on home turf. :)
As I mentioned, A was a dream baby. She did great on all four of our flights. We had two going and two coming back. The second ones seemed to be the hardest on her, she kind of whimpered when we were landing so I got the impression (since she can't tell me) that the descent was hurting her ears.
We got there on Wednesday, Oct. 31 - ask me if I missed taking my children out to fill up on non-nutritional garbage disguised as holiday fun?! I know I'm a fuddy-duddy but Halloween is in my personal opinion is the most unredeeming day of the year! So suffice to say I was not unhappy to leave the job of totting jack-o-lantern candy catchers around the neighborhood to Jason, aka Daddy. This is as good of time as any to let you know that I didn't have my camera in Massachusetts. Jason had to take the yearly Halloween pictures & I figured Erin had hers so we'd get pictures that way. So I'm sorry - right now I don't have any new pictures of my adorable two week old nephew. But here are a few of the Halloween fun.

This is B the mad butcher (thanks Aunt Erin) & K my little wicked witch.

My little jack-o-lantern - Z.

The kids ready to hit up the neighborhood for sugar and Dad ready to pass it out!

Oh yea - A has a new trick! Sit, boo boo sit! :)

I can't really tell you about every day since they all kind of meshed together to form a semi-holiday for me. Erin is doing GREAT! As I suspected she is a phenominal mommy & Alex is incredibly tender, patient and loving daddy. I honestly can't tell you how honored I was that they allowed me to interrupt their bonding time with Joseph in my attempt to be helpful.
Since I only had one of my four children I had quite a bit of free time on my hands. As I said I attempted to help in any way that I could but I got a lot of time to read my books too. I started a Bible study and also started reading about Queen Elizabeth I, I took turns with what I read.
Erin & I took a couple of walks, which was good for both of us. The second walk took us to a farm near their house that has walking trails. You should know that it is common knowledge that there are "bears in them there woods" but Erin & I believe that we found overwhelming evidence of this. How, you might ask, do we know? Well let's just say that we were careful not to step in one particular spot for fear that we'd lose our shoe in the mess!
**Okay I admit we actually took a picture of that, any bear poop experts out there that want me to send it their way? **
Our last day there was the day that my in-laws came to spend time with their new grandson and it was very nice for A to get to see them again. Our current plan is to travel back to Massachusetts, via car, at Christmas time. I'm anxious for BKZ & Jason to meet our newest family member.

Finally I want to share a praise! As I said, A did really well on all of the plane rides but on the second one on the way there we had an encounter with a not so pleasant man who apparently thought having a baby on board was less that acceptable. A fussed but did not all out cry or throw fits and these little fussy noises elicited "humphs" and grunts from this poor misguided man. Well, I prayed while we were in Mass. that we would be surrounded by more understanding people on our way home and God is good! The entire row in front of me was nice men who kept smiling and talking to A, another nice gentlemen beside me and one behind me (who complimented A) and finally a very sweet woman from NY who sat next to us! She was so kind and accepting. It really made the trip so much less stressful for me, and A in the process. So I praise God for surrounding me with gentle souls who understood or at least accepted that children are not an annoyance but a true blessing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherry, I am very happy you had a good time, and your kids look like they had a great time on Halloween. I am happy Erin is doing well. My question to you is: Did the bear see you taking a picture of its poop and what do you think it was thinking? :-)

Scott

Anonymous said...

Sherry, you need to post a blog with the title: "Here's the scoop ... wait, I mean poop." And then show the bear poop. What is the point of taking a picture of bear poop if you don't show it to the world? I think that is great. haha. Love ya sis.

Scott

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you tell me about the nice people that sat around you Mom. And I won't forgive you for putting a picture of me without my shirt on in the blog!



-B

Sherry said...

Well B - because I currently don't have a voice! Oh yea dear friends, I lost my voice on this trip too. Maybe B I need to go back to the north east to find it - hmm B?! :)
Oops I must have forgotten to get B's approval on that blog of him playing video games without his shirt. Sorry buddy!

Anonymous said...

So glad you guys are back and that A did so well!! :-) Wonder what that guy on the plane would have thought about the yapping puppy I had on my plane a couple years ago on my way back from Vegas. I say a slightly fussy baby is a good baby considering the surroundings! And I'm with Scott, I want to see Bear poop. ;)

Love, Christi

Anonymous said...

I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to be with BKZ while you were gone. Thank you from Dad & I for being allowing us to experience the one-on-one interactions with them. Of course, I missed you and A, but you & A are now back safe & sound, and I can enjoy a couple of days with both of you. Your children are a delight!!
Love you and I'm happy you had a good time.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Sherry, I'm glad things went well. It's good to have you back. Checking the blog is part of my routine so now all is right in the world again. Oh, I vote to see the bear poop too. Isn't this blog a democracy?
Cheryl