Thursday, February 26, 2009

A day in the life...

Today was a prime example of why I'm so glad that I'm a stay at home mom. B woke up with an upset stomach - must have been something he ate, it cleared up and he felt much better (but not in time to go to school). I left him here to rest while I went to Bible study - then I left the babies with my friend Heather so that I could run errands quickly. I decided to go ahead and take B with me (since he was better) and then we went and had a bite for lunch. We finished our shopping and were headed back home when I got a call from the kid's school - at first I thought I was busted, they'd seen me out eating lunch with my "sick" kid - then I worried that maybe K was sick (ugh!), with a deep sigh I answered the phone. K's spring (on her braces) had fallen off and was sticking out. Thankfully the orthodontist had warned us that this might happen. I explained that they should just do whatever it took to make her comfortable (cut the wire, remove it, etc.) - the nurse said okay and we hung up. Then she called me right back and said that she wasn't sure how to get the bands off. I said I'd come up there and see what I could do. I drove up there, went in and we tried to cut the wire - I end up putting a nice big dent in their finger nail clippers. At this point the wire was hanging out the front of her mouth (she resembled a walrus with one tusk). I told them that I would be right back and drove speedy quick home to get wire cutters. Finally the deed was done, I came home and made her an appointment to get it fixed tomorrow morning and K has a big wad of wax to keep the wire from scratching the inside of her lip.

Here are some pictures...


Aw sweet sleep.

Aww sweet goofy kid!

Aww sweet slumber.

Aww sweet goofball!


Camo day at school...notice the really great camo shirt that she wore.

He shoots! He SCORES!


All in the day of the life of Jason's Clan!

3 comments:

Kierstyn said...

WOW! That's just plain crazy, my friend.

You know what we should do, document our day with times and major events. It would be soooo interesting to see the things you fo through in a day as a mom to 4!

Christi said...

Those are great pictures, thanks for posting! And I'm glad you were able to do what you needed to for K's braces. :-) It is a blessing to be a stay at home mom and be able to do those things!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics....so sweet, even A is playing basketball. Dad, of course, loved the way you took care of the problem with K's braces..he has a story about that with Mark being the victim of a piece of metal gone crazy. Love to all!!!!!tmn