Sunday, October 19, 2008

Kyle-o-Meter

Some of my tri-club friends, Adrien, Dayna, & Cynthia decided that it would be fun to do the Kyle-o-Meter 5K this morning. I was not one of gung-ho organizers that thought it was a good idea I was just the flunky standing close by that got dragged into it... ha ha! Actually I think I was egging people on to do it too - sadly I haven't been feeling well. I have had a cold for about two weeks and last week it got worse with a sore throat and cough, so when I woke up this morning I was miserable and worried about how I would preform - I have really high expectations. hee hee
Needless to say it wasn't my best race but it was so much fun. I never knew that these things could be so fun but even this morning coughing, hacking, blowing my nose and sitting in the dark waiting for my friends to come pick me up I was excited and anxious.

Here's my cheering crew:


This is me after crossing the finish line preparing to hug that cheering crew - they were yelling so loud!!


Lastly here my story:
I am working toward running a 5K without walking. Today was not my goal day, today was just fun. I was running/walking with a couple of ladies and we just kept taking turns passing each other. That is until I kicked in my turbo booster (ha) and blew them out of the water. Okay so it wasn't that dramatic but I have to have a good story like that when my chief supporter, Jason, informs me first thing that not only did the speed walker beat me but so did a lady with a stroller. I'll have you know that lady with the stroller only had it the last 1/4 of the race, I saw her switch off with another woman (who I beat)! Hee hee - anything to make myself feel better. Finally there was an 8ish year old that didn't want me to pass her either, I was beginning to think that she thought I was chasing her, because every time I sped up she'd look over her shoulder and run - I guess I'm pretty scary when I'm out there running. Just in case you were wondering I snaked past her too! Suffice to say it was a fun Sunday morning.

2 comments:

Christi said...

Wow, great job doing that while sick! I have a cold and I don't even want to get dressed!! You're such a super woman. I wish we were closer so I could be one of your cheering supporters (you know I wouldn't be running!) Thanks for sharing the pictures and I hope we can see you soon.

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL !!! You are so into the 5K races,and your cheering club are soooo cute, and yes, I know they can yell/cheer loudly.
Hopefully you are feeling much better by now. You are a real inspiration to me...I think I'll walk a dog or 2 this afternoon, that's a big deal for me......
Love, tmn