Monday, September 29, 2008

Whatever happened?

I'm a blogger - through and through - every time something happens I think, "oh I need to blog that!" Sadly, my time on the computer is absorbed lately with other matters. When I'm not on the computer I'm doing all those other things that I do, cleaning house, changing diapers, emptying chamber pots, oh yea and trying to sew a Harry Potter costume (almost done!).

I'm short on pictures this week but I can give you the scoop on what's happening around here.

B has gone to Outdoor Learning Camp. Every year the 5th graders go for three days and two nights to this camp and they do team building activities as well as learning activities - cooking with a dutch oven, fishing, orienteering, etc. I'm so excited for him even though I'm going to miss his stinky self!

K is busy with Girl Scouts, friends and keeping up with homework. We've had a couple of problems with completing assignments over the weekend but she's on the mark now. I have found that K is the child I have the hardest time spending time with - not because she smells bad or I don't want to spend time with her. Mainly because she's quiet and such an easy going soul. I have started a new plan - every night when I put her to bed I sit and talk to her for a little while. This helps us to touch base and be sure that we are talking about all that is happening in her life. I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner!

Z is potty trained! He only has accidents with Daddy and that's Daddy's fault. hee hee! Z continues to be my little maniac. He's so busy! Right now he's wearing my favorite shirt (his VBS shirt) - on the back it says "Powered By God!" I LOVE it because only God could provide that much energy and I tell Z so! Today I took him and A to a gymnastics facility and they played and played and played! For $7 we spent an hour and a half running, climbing, jumping, bouncing and exploring - well worth the $ - I'm putting that on the budget to do each week!!

A is learning lots. Since our dr. appt. - when they told us to start working on her vocabulary more - Jason and I have been pointing and naming everything. A's just soaking it up. Sometimes she will try to repeat what we say, but mostly she just points at whatever we've said - as if to say, "it's right there you goobers, why do you keep repeating yourselves?"

My job is great - I love the work that I do. It's like teaching one class a week, love it!

Last but not least, I found a couple of pictures that I thought I'd share. This is what happens to Daddy's oatmeal if he leaves it too close to the edge of the table.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear from you. It sounds like things are busy there. There is something about the last picture of A that reminds me of Erin. Can't put my finger on it...
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

It is good to see something new on your blog, however, YOU are BUSY....so I am grateful when you post a new blog. I think Daddy is missing some oatmeal, and A is loving it...Yea for her, she is soooo cute. Z is probably going for the oatmeal next.
Love to all,
tmn

Christi said...

Very cute pictures, and you have a very busy life. You amaze me at how organized and fun you have things with your kids...super mom! Hope we can try to meet up soon!

Miss you!