Thursday, September 11, 2008

My fil is brilliant!

So what that he's my all time favorite father-in-law, he's also brilliant, and by that I mean highly intelligent. Don't worry his head won't swell too much (get it John? hee hee).
Here's why he's so bright. He taught me how to run. I know you would think that was something I would have learned years (and years) ago but apparently I didn't. John taught me to keep a cadence and it would control my running and my breathing and he was right! Last night I went running (for the first time since my MO trip) and I was terrified I'd be pathetic, heaving my chicken dinner, breathing like a crazy woman - you get the picture. Nope I spent the whole night saying, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4... I think you get it. I ran over a half mile without stopping and was able to that several times so that in the end I did about 3 miles. Our lesson last night didn't require me to run distance, just time and I was so thrilled that I never had to stop running. Here's my new goal - I'm going to run a 5K without walking! I'm excited about this new adventure and so thrilled that my fil is so knowledgeable. Thanks John for the advice!

2 comments:

Christi said...

I'm proud of you for running, but I still think you're crazy. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Way to go....and thanks to you favorite fil. He is a great help in many ways. You go Girl !!!!
Love, Mom