Monday, September 15, 2008

Our latest news

Kind of boring but here it is:
We are all well in Hippy Dippy Land. I have been very busy with my new "jobs." I love the work that I'm doing with The Journey UMC, it is educational and keeps me feeling like a teacher. My other job is doing childcare at a local church and I will admit it isn't horrible, I know now that I didn't appreciate childcare enough before I began this job. I could honestly go the rest of my life and not wipe another person's nose or behind and be completely happy. Maybe it is just me but it doesn't really bother me as much when I'm "wiping" my own kids. Actually that isn't the worst part of the job - the crying and being unable to comfort is the hardest part for me. As mommy I'm usually able to comfort tears of sadness but I'm not mommy to these kids so I don't fit the bill. It just makes me sad. B's swimming two mornings a week (5:30am people! He's amazing.), K's enjoying girl scouts and playing with friends, Z - you'll see his latest news in just a minute and A is her loud happy self.
Here's the pictures:

We found a stick bug on the house - so cool.


My little Z before his make over - playing with A and her baby doll.


My little Z's new look. (I can explain...)


A loves her babies and she likes wearing this little baby backpack
(at least for a little while)


I cleaned K's room (I want to live in here!)


I bet Mozart didn't have to use laundry baskets,
bet his parents cared enough to make him a chair.


Daddy's girl - messy but still Daddy's... yes!


I can explain Z's hair. I was thinking 3 on the clippers and totally neglected to mention that they use scissors on top so the lady (after checking with me at least twice) shaved the middle of my baby's head. I didn't audibly gasp but I know my heart did a little flip when I realized my error. Oh well it's hair - it will grow back. Until then he's still so cute and now his little head is so fun to rub.

2 comments:

Christi said...

Wow, cool stick bug! Z looks more like B with his hair that way. It is cute and like you said it'll grow back. :-) And childcare at a church...you're my hero. My one hour teaching toddler Sunday School is enough to make me not want to ever wipe another kid's nose. At least you have the compassion for it! Miss you guys!

Sherry said...

I'm glad to hear that, I thought I was the only one who wanted to gag when I had to wipe noses. The childcare is for Bible Study and MOPS so it is only about 3 hours each week. Enough to not want to do it and wish I could go back to CSMS - except Z&A in daycare of course.