Saturday, June 7, 2008

Home again

The kids and I are all home again safe and sound. Last Sunday (very unexpectedly) I was invited to go to the Southwest Texas United Methodist Conference as a lay person for our church The Journey. BK&Z went to stay with my brother's family in Kingwood and they spent their days entertaining their grandparents (G'pa Harold & G'ma Judy) - or was that the other way around? Anyway - they all had a great time and came back raving about how much fun they had! So thank you - Cheryl, Judy, Harold, Shawn, Justin & Mark for loving my 3 oldest kids. A went with me to Corpus Christi and spent her days playing with her friend Elias & his mommy, Rachael & his aunt Lynda. Apparently she is a huge fan of the beach and is going to be another water baby like her big brother B! The conference was interesting and helped me to gain a better understanding of the systems at work within the UMC - as Pastor Kyle says, "they are very methodical."
A and I got home late last night and then I was up early this morning for a swim meet. B wasn't feeling good so he didn't participate (he took about a 3 hour nap) so it was just K and I. K did great and was able to participate in two relays and EVEN got to do the butterfly... by the way she did GREAT! Wow who knew she had that kind of fly in her!!!
Finally we went out to for dinner tonight and we were paid a compliment. As we were sitting there an older gentleman came up and tapped Jason on the shoulder and he said, "You have four remarkably well behaved children. When you came in I was a little apprehensive but they did really good and I just wanted to let you know." After he walked away we couldn't help but laugh and wonder if that was a real compliment or if he was just surprised that our kids weren't hanging from the ceiling and screaming like banshees.

1 comment:

Kierstyn said...

Glad you're home and that your trip went so well.

And what an awesome compliment! You really do have great kids, and you and Jason are wonderful parents!