Monday, June 30, 2008

Boo Hoo!

We went to Schlitterbahn yesterday (that's German for insanely, fantastic water fun - seriously)! I have to say that of all the water parks I have ever been to this has got to be my favorite, free parking, take your own food and there are three, not one, not two, THREE actually parks in one! We went on one ride that took us 45 minutes to get down - where else in the water park world can you go, spend 15 minutes in line and then it takes you 45 minutes to get to the bottom? Um nowhere! Usually it is more like 45 minutes to drag some water apparatus to the top of 10 flights of stairs, climb on and then 15 SECONDS to get down. Okay, I think you all get the picture - it was FUN! It was just B, K and I. Jason stayed home with the wee little ones, maybe next year Z will get to join the fun. But yesterday was actually relaxing for me, I wasn't constantly scanning the crowd counting 1, 2, 3, 4, phew!
No pictures yet - we got a waterproof camera so hopefully I will have some soon. Until then let me tell you my sob story. We went to the park with our friends from CS and they took B home with them - waa! My baby has left home and gone to college... no wait strike that he left and went to a college town but he's just playing and I'm sure having a great time. We miss him here though. So B when you read this know that I was missing you and thinking about you - oh yea and I had a blast yesterday, beating you down that slide was just a highlight!

2 comments:

Kierstyn said...

Oh, I can't wait till my kids get bigger and we can go! I went one (before kids) with Curtis and another couple. It was AWESOME!

And if you need me to go drive by the house were B is staying, just let me know. I can look for him! :-)

Wordy girl said...

This post really takes me back! I have many fond memories from Schlitterbahn, including riding the "big slide" (the one with the yellow sleds) on my 12th birthday. It really is the best waterpark ever.