Monday, March 17, 2008

Oh so busy

Jason has a cold! One of my friends sent me this link and I keep thinking about it when I talk about Jason having a cold... cracks me up! Now seriously, Jason has bronchitis and has spent the last week with a horrible cough that hurts his chest and has made him very miserable. Even with this horrible man cold, my poor little bunny has been working hard on our bedroom. Our bedroom is now painted (according to my friend Rae Ann gray and darker gray), the shelves are up, the baseboards have been primed (not yet installed) and Jason made a windowsill this evening - so our time schedule is a little off but it is coming along. I can't wait to share pictures with you all!

Today was K's first day of homeschooling. It was a busy day with other tasks but school went off without a hitch, she was done early and loved having her evening free for dance, girl scouts and no evening rush to complete homework! I asked her what she thought and she really enjoyed her first day - tomorrow should be even better... because it's library day! Yippee.

Now it is time for a confession. I have been worried about what my handsome, energetic two year old would think of this homeschooling and how he would occupy his time while I worked with K. Yesterday I found the answer - PUZZLES! 24 piece puzzles! I'm amazed at how happy he is to put one together, take it apart and put it together again. Yesterday he did the same puzzle 5 times! Today we bought him three more at Wal-Mart and he completed those several times! Wow!
I've felt for a while that this homeschooling thing was the right thing for us but when pieces of the puzzle (pardon my pun) come together so easily it just makes it that much better. I've been reading The Well-Trained Mind by Jessie Wise & Susan Wise Bauer - great book I highly recommend it if you have children - whether you want to home school or not, it provides suggestions on how to prepare your child for learning and how to supplement their education.

Last but not least A is taking tentative steps! Exciting! I am hoping to have a little video clip and some pictures for you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully J is feeling better, after coughing all week, I'm surprised he hadn't fractured a rib !!!! I'm sure, as I have been all along, that home schooling is the correct thing for K; and Z will learn also just by being around and listening. Have a great library day......
Love,
tmn

Kierstyn said...

Glad things are going so well for Jason's clan!

Hey, I have an idea about this whole puzzle thing. We have several puzzle which have been done multiple times. How about next time we see each other, we switch out. Then, if we want to switch back, our kids may think they're new puzzles again!

Happy homeschooling today!