Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

With the exception of a slight bit of depression on my part we had a really good Easter Sunday.

Let me start with the positive. We are a part of a growing community called, Journey United Methodist Church and I speak for our whole family when I say that this is a good fit for us. Sadly we are such a new congregation that we only meet once a month right now, excluding Life Groups. Thankfully this Sunday was the monthly Sunday and the service was incredible! I know I won't do the service justice in writing so if you want to know more about it you'll have to call me so I can tell you about it! It was beautiful! :)

Here's the stinky part - K was running a fever again this morning so Jason stayed home with her and he went ahead and kept the sicko babies, Z&A too. So it was just B and I at church - this was good and bad. Good because I love B's company but bad because I missed the rest of the family. I had realized Friday that I didn't plan our Easter Sunday meal - I had been so busy thinking about getting food for the camping trip that Jason, B&K went on Friday that I totally forgot that I needed to get dinner food for Sunday! When I realized it, Z was in the worst of his cold and absolutely miserable and I didn't want to subject him or fellow grocery-goers to germs. I know that this is a tiny portion of the whole Easter celebration (and an unimportant one too) but I'm human and I was sad that I didn't plan better and I missed our St. Louie years with my in-laws so much today!

Finally, we explored our Hispanic roots today - strike that we have no Hispanic in us but we feel like we should now that we've been in Texas for 6 years. Also, my friend Christi is like family so we were celebrating her heritage - yea that's it! :) We had cascarones... that's Spanish for 'hey I love you now I'm going to smash an egg on your head in the name of good luck.'
I suppose it would go something like this....
Smash a confetti filled egg on someones head and say, "good luck... with your headache in the morning!" HA! No matter - it was fun to smash some confetti on my loved ones heads - A even got an egg smashing!

Montage to arrive soon! Enjoy & Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea for cascarones!!! ;-) We stayed here this year for Easter and I thought of you guys. We had fun with our cascarones and wish we could have inflicted headaches on all of you!! :-) I hope everyone gets well soon. We miss y'all!

Love,
Christi