Thursday, January 29, 2009

Exhibitionist

Today I was talking on the phone, washing dishes, serving up snacks, trying to help B find his swimsuit and helping a little friend with his homework (YES all at the same time) when I heard one of the children in my home exclaim, "Z's naked! He's in the backyard!" I ran to the door and sure enough there is my three year old standing in the backyard, underwear and shorts (because we live in Texas!) flung aside. I calmly told him to grab his pants and march into the bathroom and stay there until I could talk to him. Apparently he decided he needed to potty so why not just do it there. I was shockingly calm as I explained that we needed underwear in the backyard - why? Because it is the way things are done when you have picket fences and everybody can see everybody else's business. Reminds me of a sandbox and a boy named B.... hmm to do a flashback and embarrass B or not to do a flashback....
Gotta love boys!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Thanks for the chuckle! :-)