Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Why fight it?

So Z has been in his "dark" room for about an hour now... not asleep! Here's what I am thinking, why fight it? I've told him that he can't come out until he takes a nap and he's not allowed to get out of his bed, so I suppose I should just think of this as extended quiet time, right? What I know is that he does need a nap so I won't back down on naps for a two year old. Advice on how to get him to actually nap when I put him down is appreciated.
Here is a funny story about my dear sweet Z:
Yesterday & today as we were driving B to and from rock climbing I have been pointing out the red traffic lights and telling Z that red means, "Stop!" and green means "Go!" I was encouraging him to tell me when the light turned green and told him I would nap (because I could really use one every once in a while) until he told me green means go. So today as we are waiting at a red light and I heard this noise, "honk-shoe, honk-shoe"... I turned around and realized that he was pretending to nap too during the red lights. Silly boy! Perhaps this isn't the greatest thing to teach but I'm sure I can unteach that by the time he turns 16 - right?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a cute story! Alexis has her days without naps. My thinking is as long as she's in bed and "resting", it's better than nothing. But I don't like her going without naps either. Good luck! I hope he starts "giving in". ;-)

Love,
Christi