Monday, July 16, 2007

A day in the life

Today was crazy! There is no other way to explain it, as you will see. I was up at 6:30 (A slept until 4:40 - but I went back to bed for a few more zzz's since I was expecting a hectic day). I fixed Jason & B lunches, took a shower and got breakfast ready for BKZ. B had his first day of rock climbing camp today, we left at 8am to make sure we got there by 9am - I was afraid of traffic driving toward the city. Luckily I didn't encounter any and we actually got there too early, so we drove around and found me a good way to get back to the highway. After we signed B in and left him to hang on "rocks" sticking out of topsy-turvy walls (no stress there!) we headed back home for A's 2 month check-up. Here are the stats, she weighs in at 13.9 lbs (95th percentile), 23 inches long (75th percentile) and her head circumference is in the 80th percentile (I don't remember the exact measure on that one). We've got a big, healthy baby with a funky belly button. For those of you who have not been tortured with my obsession with her belly button - here it is... it took forever for her umbilical cord to fall off and then when it did it kept oozing and getting gunky (not the technical terminology there)... but nothing to write in the blog about, just annoying. So I mentioned it to the dr. today and she said that she didn't know if it was this or that (I don't remember what she called it), one she could deal with the other she'd need us to see a surgeon - huh!!! This freaked me out a little, except that she said it was nothing to be alarmed about. Oh yea, then K reminds me that her ear hurts and the dr. (taking pity on me) takes a look - swimmers ear, no swimming for 1 week, poor K. So we left there with two prescriptions (one for K and one for A) and went on our merry way, getting home at about 11:15. I called Jason and gave him the scoop on the dr. appt. and fixed a quick snack for K & Z. This is when the dr. calls me and ask me to come back saying that she would rather go ahead and put some silver nitrate on A's belly button and try that before I cart my whole clan to the city for a surgical consultation. So we zip over there again on our way to pick up #1 (more commonly referred to as B on this blog).

**Tiny side note, due to Jason's & my increasing senility we have determined it might just be easier to call our kids 1,2,3 & 4, maybe even get them t-shirts.**

We get back home and I attempt to put my 2 year old down for a nap - no go without lots of frustration on both of our parts until about 3pm! Ugh! The bug guys call and wants to re-investigate my ant issues, another long story that is too frustrating to share right this minute. Jason calls to say he's going to be late, I still need to go get the girls prescriptions and I haven't even thought about dinner (thank heavens for leftovers). So I load the van, we get the prescriptions, come home and Jason is home (yippee)! I put him to work putting curtains up in K&Z's room - a last ditch effort on my part to coax Z into taking naps. Right now everyone is asleep and I'm sitting here contemplating this stay-at-home mom thing! All I can say is I am so glad that I don't have a job outside of the house because this one is keeping me plenty busy! I am so appreciative that I have the opportunity to spend this time with my kids. I told my father-in-law the other day that I think this is the closest thing to heaven on earth that you can get, here's why I think that. Where else do you get countless hugs from your own personal angels, coos, ahhs, giggles and numerous "I wuv you" or "Mom, I love you"? Okay, mom friends out there, I know I didn't mention laundry, cooking, cleaning, dishes, laundry, children's TV (over and over and over), spit-up, dirty diapers, laundry, mysterious spills that appear out of nowhere, making beds, tripping over toys, laundry - don't worry I'm not delusional I know there are other perks that go with this job. But I can look past those "perks" every time Z and I get into a giggle fest and it ends with his little arms clasped around my neck!
On a final note this is a picture of Z sleeping in his new dark room tonight. Am I the only one that sees an "I surrender" written in his body language?


Just a cute picture of the gunky belly button girl. Is it me or does she look like a cross between the Gerber baby and the grinch?

Love you all!
Don't forget it is my prerogative to have grammatical errors, spelling errors and run-on sentences whenever I want to! :)