Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day weekend 2007

Happy Memorial Day 2007 (a day late)! Jason and I worked a lot on the new house this weekend. Mostly we just tried to empty the mound of boxes that I’ve been living with. We also did a little home improvement. As previously, I have learned a couple of things during this weekend. Here they are in no particular order:

1.) Home improvement projects take about 2 times the amount of time you allot to finish them. For example; Jason began his project of putting up 3 ceiling fans at 9am and anticipated finishing sometime after lunch… he finished at 10:30pm!

2.) Unpacking isn’t like unwrapping Christmas presents!

3.) Children are not easily entertained while you unpack boxes except with things like box cutters, outlets and other non-children friendly things!

4.) Air conditioning is important in Texas, especially when you are unpacking (we admit we are wimps!).

With love to you all from a mound of boxes in my new home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sherry,
Thanks for sending me stuff on getting the house setup. Diving in Florida was fun but I am glad to be back in town (not so glad to be starting up school again). I walked over to the house to see if y'all had actually left on Monday morning and was sad to find that, yes indeed, my sis had moved out and left me behind (sob). I did find the left over lasagna and bottle of root beer in the fridge and that cheered me up a little bit.

It made me sad to see you guys gone. Sorry I missed helping you move. Let me know a good weekend and I will come up and take your kids swimming at the local pool.

Say hi to your awesome kids (Jason, B, K, Z and A) for me.

Love,
Scott