Thursday, May 17, 2007

Here is what I know

Here’s the latest update on A and her news (since she’s the one changing the most in our house right now). She was weighed at the hospital and we were told she weighed 8lbs 5 oz, but then the next day we were told she was 8lbs 6 oz, then when we left she had lost 3oz (off which weight I’m not sure). We went to the dr. on Monday and she’d lost another 5 oz (still not sure of an exact weight here) and she was checked again for jaundice (3 of my 4 children were checked, all were suspicious – none ever had it bad). As you can imagine I was getting scared she was losing too much and not gaining enough. Now she is eating okay (not as good as I’d like) and we had another check today and she was…. Dum, da, dum… 8lbs, 4oz. This time I saw it for myself so I know how much she weighs and I couldn’t have been more proud! Jason thinks it is funny that I’m proud of her for eating. Ha ha!

Z had his 2 year check up and he did great, I think he’s convinced that if you lay on the table it will poke you though, since he got a shot and he just kept looking at the table afterwards as if to say, “Did you see that? Did you see what that table just did? Ouch!”

Finally, 8 days until our moving day! As sad as I am to leave my friends here I am going to be so happy to be with my husband, in my new home and out of all these boxes!

Last but not least here are 10 things that I’ve learned this week:

1.) Children are a wonderful blessing from God and I’m thankful every day for the pleasure of having them in my life.

2.) Little A likes the noise and light – she sleeps great during the day time with all the hustle and bustle around our house.

3.) I worried for nothing, Z loves A and would like to hold her and “help” change her diaper all day long (good thing since she likes to dirty them)! Quotes, “change her now?” “My turn to hold her”

4.) Z is constantly leaning over to kiss A’s head – softly.

5.) B&K are absolutely wonderful kids who are VERY helpful, and really love their newest sibling.

6.) Organization is a key to my sanity in the morning hours; I have found that getting the kids their clothes the night before, having them decide on toast or cheerios and having these things ready to go really eases up on my stress.

7.) I’m feeling more confident every day that being a stay at home mom is something that I will be able to do…..sometimes my own kids seem scarier than a bunch of middle school pre-pubescent teens.

8.) God knew what he was doing when he created husbands and wives! I miss Jason!

9.) Late night TV isn’t all bad. I’ve caught up on some really great shows; The Cosby Show, Andy Griffith and Three’s Company are my personal favorites!

10.) I am so in love with BKZA!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

So glad you were able to relax after you saw A's weight gain. What a great mom (and dad) those four kids have - and what a great daughter-in-law we have!! Love you all. Mom/Bon

Bonnie said...

So glad you were able to relax after you saw A's weight gain. What a great mom (and dad) those four kids have - and what a great daughter-in-law we have!! Love you all. Mom/Bon

Anonymous said...

Your post almost made me cry! I'm so happy that things are going well and that you feel able to handle 4 little ones instead of 20 middle schoolers. :-) I am going to miss you so much when you move, but I don't know how you did it this long without Jason and I'm glad he'll be there to help!

-Christi

shell said...

I love you!! I can't believe you'll be gone in 8 days -- but I know you will be where you are supposed to be. It could be worse, you could be in another state. :)

Did I mention that I love you? And I think you and your family are really cool?@?!!

Kierstyn said...

I hate that you are moving! :-( But hopefully, I'll be able to come hug on you and baby A before you leave.

I loved your ten things list! Here are the ones I can relate to:
#7...Even though I've been a stay at home mom for three years now, I got a little worried yesterday when I had all the kids in the same room at the same time. Basically, I kinda freaked. But I know it will be okay, and it's good to know that even Supermom (YOU!)worried sometimes too.

#8... I was by myself last night so that Curtis could spend some time with the older kids, and take them to church. As I'm hobbling around the room, trying to get Benjamin to stop crying, I was so thankful for Curtis, and missed him so much.

#9... I don't have cable at home, so I've been loving it here at the hospital! Seems like I end up watchingg a lot of Coach.

#10... Despite the craziness, I couldn't love my kids more! I can't wait to get home and see how our family has grown now that we have even more love.

Hugs to you and your family!!!