Sunday, August 3, 2008

Home again only to leave again

*Warning*
For my loyal blog readers - I will be out and about for a couple of weeks so this is probably the last you will see for a little while. Check back periodically but don't freak out if you don't see anything until mid-August.

This weekend was B's final Long Course meet, it was the Junior Olympics in Corpus Christi. We decided that it would be a mini vacation for our family. (I only have a couple of pictures that my friend Belle took)
Here's the scoop:
We left Friday evening after Jason got off work. We arrived in time to unload, eat some snacks and set up in the room (A didn't go to sleep until well after 10:30 - she has a nasty cold). B got up early Saturday and went with Ms. Belle and her boys while we got to sleep *gasp* until 8am! We went down for our "free" breakfast - Jason spilled syrup on himself so he had to go take another shower and change clothes, the battery on my phone died and then B's first event was scratched. We were attempting to recreate a scene from a Series of Unfortunate Events.... we got to the meet only to find out we were a good hour and a half away from B's next event and A was already tired. So we went to the van, turned it on and watched Veggie Tales and put the seats in the back down so A had a mini play yard. We played awhile and then went back in to watch B swim his 50 freestyle. After that one event we took the babies back to the hotel to take naps in the hopes that we could go to the ocean later. Jason stayed with them and I went back to watch B swim some more. I arrived just in time to see him jump in the pool to do a 100 butterfly (it was incredible!) and then I watched a very tired 10 year old swim a 200 freestyle. After all that we went back, got the babies and headed to the Gulf for some sand, wave jumping and a good time. We ate on the beach, played in the water and sand - it was a good time.
This morning we went out for breakfast, since we had such a bad experience on Saturday. Sadly it was a huge disappointment for me - my pancakes were slightly crunchy and they weren't nearly as good as the ones that Jason makes. Oh well - I ate some of Jason's grits and had chocolate milk and anyone how knows me really well knows that those things make me happy.
We arrived at the meet in time to watch B come in second in his 50 butterfly and he worked really hard on his 100 freestyle.
Now I am procrastinating my packing - I have to go finish that! We (the kids and I) leave tomorrow for Missouri - please pray for safe travel. I'm sure I will have tons of pictures and stories when I get back. Until then much love to you all & if Belle sends me pictures via email I'll post those for you to see our beach visit - loads of fun.
Here's a picture to prove how busy we were this weekend - poor little Z couldn't stay awake any longer.

2 comments:

Christi said...

Wow! What a whirlwind weekend! Good luck with your packing and have a safe trip. I'll be praying for you guys. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Brendan, you rock buddy! Sherry good luck with the drive and be safe. Sorry I haven't written on your blog in a while. After work the last thing I want to do is sit down on the computer.

Take care of my nieces and nephews!

Love,
Scott