Saturday, August 9, 2008

5th Annual Splish Splash in St. Charles

Yesterday, 8-8-08 may have marked the opening ceremonies to the Beijing Olympics but for Jason's Clan it marked the annual celebration of water and slides at Wapelhorst Park in St. Charles MO. We initiated Z into the fold yesterday and he had a blast at the "cool" pool. This "little" pool has four slides, three for the big kids and one for the little squirts. Z loved his yellow slide and I have a feeling he'll be waiting impatiently as his big brother and big sister waited for the other three slides. I've included some pictures after these highlights. K went down the "straight down" slide for the first time, although she was tall enough last year, it was closed for repairs when they went (what a disappointment). Z loved the slide but wasn't sure about the bucket that would dump water on people periodically. He informed me later that he didn't want that to dump on his head and he'd let us know when he did. Lastly, I went down the big slide for the first time, I've always been scared of heights but I decided to fight that fear and brave the terrifying heights. Thanks BK&Z for encouraging me and thanks G'pa John for taking us for such a great trip!!
A highlight - Z's first time on the big yellow slide.

BKZ and I (A was at home bonding with G'ma Bonnie)

G'pa John with BKZ

I've always said that you can't get a picture of this kid, because he's ALWAYS under water - ha gotcha!
K & G'pa underwater

See those two little specks on the slide - those are my babies B&K.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...
I know those kids from somewhere. Where could it be? They are sooo familiar.

-Jason

Kierstyn said...

WOW! That looks like lots and lots of fun! Glad you guys are having more great memory making opportunities!

Christi said...

Thanks for sharing all the pictures, old and new. I was watching Michael Phelps tonight and couldn't help but think of B. Hmmmmm. :-) Glad you guys are having a good time!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are having the opportunity to be with your favorite outlaws and having such a good time. I know those little specks loved that slide..is that the one you tried ?????? Way to go & keep having a great time....
Love,
Mom