Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hiking & End of year update

This last weekend Jason & I took BKZA on a hike at the Zilker Nature Preserve and had a great time. I was very impressed with all of the kids and their determination. This was not an easy hike for a 3 and 5 year old! We had a great time and when it was done we got to go to the museum and "dig" dino bones. What fun! Sorry no pictures, hiking with our camera wasn't a good idea.

Tomorrow is the last day of this school year. Wow what an incredible year - I've really enjoyed teaching US History and because of this position I've been granted the incredible opportunity of going to Colonial Williamsburg this summer. As exciting as all of that is, I've been asked and decided to accept a math position for next year. In the past math has been my first love and I commented upon taking this job that it would only be better if I had been able to teach math. Now I get my wish, although it is a little scary. It will be a new and interesting year next year. Z will be in Kindergarten and K will be in 5th grade (with me - but not on my team) and B will be attending San Marcos Baptist Academy with his friend H. SMBA is where Ms. Belle works, a friend we have been blessed to make a part of our extended family. I'm excited and nervous about B attending a school that isn't really close but mostly I am excited about the opportunities that this might provide for him.

Finally I have a few pictures that I thought you all might enjoy seeing, now that you have read all of that!


My little swimmers.


Baby girl A walking in with her class to Z's graduation.


The pre-K graduate walking in to his graduation.

Sharing a fruit punch

1 comment:

tmn said...

Awesome update...from History to Math, and the Williamsburg trip. I know the hiking trip was enjoyed by all, Z & A are little troopers. It looks like Z has had a growth spurt. Z in kindergarten, K in 5th grade Wow! B is getting to go to SMBA, I know he is excited, and I hope he really has some great learning experiences there. Thanks for the photos Love, tmn