Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Packed!

No I'm not packed to go anywhere - that is the word that B used to describe our last several days!

Saturday was the last Summer Swim League meet before Champs (which is this weekend) - sadly B didn't and won't be swimming in either of those so the few pictures we captured are all that we have of him for the swim team - as if we don't have a few hundred from other years, poor kid he's so mistreated!

Because it was the last meet of the summer I signed up for an "easy" volunteer job, the 9-10 year old zoo keeper, so that I could take some incredible pictures of my little 9 year old Wahoo (that's a fast fish if you didn't know). So there will be a montage after all my rambling. In addition on Saturday I convinced Jason to go with us to the pool so I could get some pictures of my other little fish (Z&A). B was at the Frio River with our friends from College Station - having a wonderful time from what I can tell!

Sunday was Dad Fest at The Journey UMC - it was awesome! I am thankful to be a part of a place that honors people so much and so thoroughly! We had recliners for the dad's to sit in, giveaways, classic cars, a golf chipper, delicious BBQ luncheon and lots of fellowship. Great experience! Sunday night was a Lock-In for the 4th, 5th and 6th grade crowd - it was a stressful thing for me but turned out to be really good too. I think all the kids that came had fun and it was neat to hear the band in that setting too.

Monday (after about 3 1/2 hours of sleep) I embarked on several meetings, Lock-In clean up, two doctors appointments and finished with a run.

A had her 2 year old well check up (at 10am) and surprisingly she is - healthy (no broken bones or stitches)! For those of you that know Jason's Clan, you will not be surprised to hear that A's head is in the 90th percentile - she's keeping up nicely with her sibs. Her weight and height were about average. She's growing and thriving - we are blessed and thankful for that, especially considering her propensity toward injury! A did have to have one shot and when I told her she said, "huh uh, no." I talked to her, tried to explain in 2 year old language and gave lots of hugs. In the end she did amazingly well - I held her in my lap, she yelled when they did the shot but then calmed right down.

Z went for his 4 year old check up too (at 2pm) - he didn't have his head measured but his weight and height were a little below normal, he's a small little guy but nothing to worry about just waiting for a growth spurt - as a matter of fact I've had several people who have said that since his birthday he's appeared taller, he looks 4. The great thing about Z's appointment was that we found out his vision and hearing are fine and developmentally he's right on track. Yet another blessing to count on this jam packed day. Z had to have 3 shots and everyone will be proud to know he didn't make a sound, sat in my lap and took it like a big kid - he didn't complain or whine! I was proud of him!

Yesterday was packed with laundry and cleaning house. I didn't take before shots (wish I had) but did take after shots - all the toys were sorted through, purged and organized and it felt so good to see the living room looking livable. Jason came home and we grilled burgers for his Father's Day celebration - B wasn't here so we postponed the festivities. Yum!

Oh yea - so clean! Aw peace.
Today I did some grocery shopping, I have a VBS meeting and then I've been invited to a friends house for some serious So You Think You Can Dance viewing this evening. In addition, I have asked B to take me to the pool and give me a good workout since I missed last night - that will be fun.

I'm going to go ahead and post this with a couple of pictures - montage of swimming to follow later this evening.

No comments: