Monday, June 15, 2009

Long Weekend (or Dear Uncle Scott - come back soon)

This weekend was long, crazy and very busy! Friday was not a good day for B - he had food poisoning the night before (no details -if you want them email Bonnie she'll share that story)!
Friday Scott was here, he took the big kids to the pool (along with K's friend) and I kept A and her little friend, Reese here (while her mom took big brother to the dr.). The dr. appt. lasted longer than expected and A ended up having her first friend sleepover (pictures to follow) - granted it was a naptime sleep over but it counts because they took naps in the living room floor watching Dora The Exlorer. After all of that we had dinner watched a movie and got ready for our Saturday.
Saturday I was up and at the pool at 5:30 to help set up for the swim meet, BK & Scott came up around 7am to practice and Scott volunteered (technically I volunteered him but he went pretty willingly & happily). The kids swam and had fun, we helped pack up and then off we went to the house. We stayed long enough to put on our swimsuits and get directions to go tubing. We spent the next several hours getting stuck on rocks (that's Texas drought talk for tubing on the rapids). When we had enough walking around with tubes we headed home (Scott had to go back to Houston to pack for another exciting trip to Africa). We got home, showered and I dressed for a bike ride - I rode 15 miles! Came home, had a snack, watched some TV and went to bed!
Sunday we had church, with a marathon tear down (because someone was waiting to use the facility when we were done) - then we headed home. I was ready for a nap!! I took one, went bike riding again (not as far but in extreme heat!) and then I went out for dinner with my friends. The sad thing is that I experienced my first migraine (I think it was the heat that did it) and I have to say it was the most excrutiating thing I've dealt with in a long time! I couldn't move - thought I was going to hurl everytime I twitched or blinked. No more 4pm bike rides in 100 degree heat for me!!
Today was busy - Bible study, grocery store, cleaning the kitchen, two meetings and then running this evening. Tomorrow I have two things on my calendar and neither of them are until after 4pm - SWEET!
I'll post pictures tomorrow, I'm not up to going into the kitchen to get the camera right now. G'night!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Sounds like a crazy fun weekend! Sorry you had your first migraine, I hope you don't have anymore! It is miserable and never good for mommy to be out of commission! Cute pictures too!