Friday, December 5, 2008

Seriously?!

This morning I had one of those moments when I ask myself, is this REALLY what I signed up for? Here's how it happened.

Me: (lazily taking my shower)
Z: (walking in the bathroom): Mommy can I have blah, blah, blah (i.e. I have no idea what he said).
Me: Go ask your Daddy
Z: Aw....
Me: While you are at it go tell B I need to talk to him
Z: (leaves moaning)
B: What do you want Mom?
Me: Get a dollar out of my purse for school.
B: I can just take one of mine (aw that was sweet).
Me: No that is your money just get one out of my purse.
B: Okay.
K: Mom! I need my field trip money TODAY!
Me: Okay, I'll write a check when I get out.
K: I have another permission slip too.
Me: Okay put it on the kitchen counter, I'll sign it and get you a check.
Z: Mommy can I have some candy?
Me: (In my head: Seriously?! Is this what I signed up for?) K close the door behind you, Z go talk to your Daddy!

I love my children but, why oh why, do they have to ask me questions during my shower? To B's defense I asked him to come talk to me... but the rest of them! Thank heaven's A slept in!! Oh yea - I think I forgot to wash my hair!!!

2 comments:

Kierstyn said...

LOL!! That's funny!!! And so very true. My kids don't ask that many questions yet. Micah and Benjamin just stand there and try to fill the toilet with TP.

Bonnie said...

A "bad hair day" for mom, I guess - ha!! I'm glad you are writing this all down - you will all love reading it someday!!