Thursday, November 13, 2008

Changes

I've noticed changes in my blogging since the beginning of this school year. I used to write about specific events... now it's a hodge podge more than anything else. Guess what - so is this one!

Some fun/funny stories to share - then pictures.

I have started running and swimming again - since last week. I never thought I would say it, I LOVE to swim. I don't think I could give myself a decent workout without someone egging me on but I'm learning to love the whole thing... except actually getting into my car and driving. I dread leaving in the evening after Jason gets home but I have felt great there and feel even better afterwards. This Tuesday was no exception - as a matter of fact I felt even better this week than last because I raced John (friend who I've trained with, he's an amazing tri-athlete) and beat him (he didn't know we were racing but I did - hee hee). We were doing kick board drills and I apparently have a strong set of legs - it helps that I can keep my head out of the water and breath.

Last night I went to run and we did bleachers (yep ran up and down them - yucko!) - but here's the great thing. I did the intermediate workout. I was so proud of myself after it was all done. There were a few times I thought I was going to fall off the bleachers and I'm sure I looked like I was downing a margarita at the top each time with my legs wobbling and twitching like they were but I did it! Here's what got me through that last set (4 total) - "Thank God for a body that will allow me to do this!"

Z and I went to the dentist today - he did fabulous! I took him out for Chick-fil-a afterwards and we "partied"! In other words there was an indoor playground so we could play and eat. We drove past an outdoor McD's (I didn't want to go there!) and he was a little disappointed when I "called" and they said that the play yard was closed because it was so cold (upper 60's)... was that wrong?

Brotherly Love
I walked in on this scene and couldn't resist a picture, they immediately began hamming it up as soon as I took this picture.


Sweet Big Brother
Another one that I walked into. Z giving his little sister a ride. Sweet!
I love bossy (aka A) pointing out the way she WANTS to go.

One Shot
That is all it took to get these goofy grins! I love that B&A are so in love with each other!


Straight up silly
Daddy snapped this shot - I guess the big kids are showing the little ones how you dress up for cool northern weather.


Getting ready to camp
K and I are going to Girl Scout camp this weekend. With a projected temperature of 37 on Saturday night I felt that K needed some long underwear and long socks... it will get cold in our cabins!

Last but NOT least
Tuesday night I came home to this staring at me as I walked in the door, wet and cold from my swim. Let me say that often I feel guilty about leaving to go exercise at night, but this made me so proud and happy. I don't know why she wrote it but it keeps me motivated to keep trying to work hard and show my kids that you can do anything if you set your mind to it! K - I love you and you honor me greatly!


4 comments:

Kierstyn said...

You're awesome Sherry! I know the guilty feelings over working out, and you help motivate me! thanks!!

Christi said...

Bleachers?!? Impressive! I love the pictures. And upper 60s too cold? Even I find that silly and you know how I am with cold weather. :-) Thanks for sharing the pics of your sweet kids. Have fun this weekend!

Sherry said...

Was that wrong? Because if someone told me that was wrong I don't recall. (Seinfeld anyone?)

Bonnie said...

Great pictures and posts today! Loved them all! Hope you and Kjesten have a great weekend camping!! Love, bmg