Sunday, July 3, 2011

My kids ROCK!

We have been in Springfield, MO visiting with my mom and my friends. I have determined in a very scientific way that my children are water bugs and respond favorably to any type of water. Summer fun in a pool is not a new thing to me, my father while I was growing up always insisted that our hotels have pools - I now understand why! Nothing works as well at tuckering out the wee little people (and quite frankly the adults) as much as a large body of water. Since we have been in MO we have swam at the hotel, my friend Rae Ann's twice and today we went to Republic and swam a their over-sized local cement pond. Fun has been had by all and did I mention that Z&A are sound asleep?
Here's our pictures!!!




Okay folks now today it got a little scary! We went to the pool in Republic and suddenly the sky began to darken and I frantically tried to recall what that could mean (please folks don't forget that I now live in the barren dry land known as Texas)... I had vague rememberizations of these things called thunder storms but of course those don't happen anymore so surely the god, Zeus was just playing with his lightening bolts. We were booted from the pool and made to wait and wonder about this unusual phenomenon. K entertained Z&A making herself into a human jungle gym and B (as you can see) contemplated the sky with a curious eye. Finally Zeus put away his lightening bolts and we were allowed to re-enter the pool. Here's the cool thing - we were among the few idiots that stuck around so we had a nice time in a BIG pool almost by ourselves.




The little guy in the white shirt on the yellow & blue "lily pads" is our Z.
So brave. K close by to assist if needed.

Swimming with big sister.


Patiently waiting for mommy to finish taking pictures of the big kids.
See - I told you these kids rock!


That's B diving into the pool!

No comments: