Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

New Year's Resolution(s)?
I heard a guy on TV today say, don't make 'em if you aren't going to keep 'em. Therefore I tend to steer away if possible. This year is no different... there are lots of things that I think need to be done but when, where and how always make me hesitant to commit openly to tackling BIG goals. Here's what I'm going to do instead - continue to live my life to the best of my ability, continue to strive to be a good mother, a good wife and a person that makes others proud to call me their friend. How am I going to do this? I'm going to continue to fit exercise into my life, avoiding eating out and work on making meals that are healthy for my children, I'm going to encourage my spouse and children to do these things as well and I'm going to make small goals that are achievable and measurable. For example this Saturday I did a "long" run - 45 minutes (this is excellent for me) and I committed to myself that I will improve that and be running an hour by my 17th anniversary (March 5th), I'm adding about 5 minutes per week to my long run so this is an achievable goal as I continue to do those things that I've set forth above. How's that for a wordy response to New Year's Resolution!
If you have read through this then you deserve the next thing - pictures from our relaxing Christmas holiday!
Enjoy!
Sunday before Christmas was Pancakes & Pajamas at church. The children (3 of which are members of Jason's Clan) helped to share the story of the birth of Jesus with us. Very sweet and fun.

A little time at the park, especially with weather so mild in Texas!


Our gifts to KZA were relational. We took each of them on a date, just Mommy & Daddy time with them alone. A went to build-a-bear and I was able to capture a couple of pictures of that. Z went to Gatti-Town where we played bumper cars and all the tickets we earned were given to the boy of the day - Z.

K went to Cafe Monet and we painted pottery. K painted a sock monkey "piggy" bank, Jason painted an orange love bug "piggy" bank for Z and I made a pen holder cyclops (above). Thank you to my mother for helping us to give these gifts to our children.


Cookie decorating! Sadly these cookies tasted like sponges, but they were fun to decorate!


Much of my time this holiday was spent sorting through 5 LARGE boxes of stuff that I gathered at my grandparents house over the Thanksgiving holiday. Oddly this "job" was cathartic - I found treasures, puzzles and wonderful genealogical finds. The above pictures are two of the puzzles that I uncovered. German medals, appear to be new, still in envelopes and not assembled with ribbons. Things that make you go hmmm.... (and then followed by my new favorite thing to say, "G'ma/G'pa what is this?!")


This was Z's first year to get to stay up and celebrate the new year. This picture was taken at 9:45 and shortly after he woke up briefly to tell us he was just pretending to sleep.


This picture was the first picture I took in 2011. He was OUT! Not a night owl!!

No comments: