Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday - Spring Break

Remember those good old days when I took pictures of my kids and posted stories on my blog? Yea - those were the days, huh?!


Well today was Day 1 of Spring Break 2010. We started the day by making a quick appointment to the doctor for A - who woke up with gunky eye. The "feel good" dr. thinks that she has allergies but wanted to be on the safe side so he prescribed an antibiotic to cover all the bases.
After A & I got home we loaded up the van and headed out to McKinney Falls State Park - we went a few years ago but this was our first time without a stroller!! Wow! I am still the pack mule, carrying our lunch, snacks, diapers, etc in my backpack. We had our "lunch" (granola bars, raisins, apples, bananas, crackers and dried fruit) then headed out on a 2.8 mile hike. We had a great time. BKZ&A were troopers - the best part was how much they helped each other.

Oh and when you see Z walking around with a hunting knife don't stress out - it is plastic and I gave him that in honor of his G'pa John. I could hear G'pa John taking him on a hike and teaching him how to use his pocket knife on making stuff, getting a fish to eat or telling what direction he was traveling (I'm really not sure that anyone would say any of those things - but guys have the weirdest reasons for carrying around knives so it makes sense to me). Jason was shocked that I would give a 4 year old a knife but we went over the ground rules - no pretending to injure any of your siblings or other people - and Z did a good job of following directions.


B - "I want to jump in this water!!"

K - she's just so funny & photogenic

I'm not sure what he's doing here - but you can see he's keeping his hunting knife to himself. Ha!


Taken right after A wiped her wet hands on her sister - such a great big sister!


"Wait up!!"


2 comments:

tmn said...

Awesome...love the photos. I love the way A still runs with her little arms behind her...kinda like a penguin...cute little girl. K is soooo adorable, B the daring one, bet that H2O was cold, and Z.. and the knife, so impressed he followed the rules !!!!! Glad to know you had a great day to start Spring Break....Love, tmn

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post - and for all of the pictures both here and on facebook!! Glad you got in some family time on Spring break!! I'll share this with Dad - especially about the knife - ha!! Enjoy the rest of your week! Love, Mom/Bon