Saturday, September 19, 2009

1st Football Game

Today was B's first football game. When we got to the crazy crowded parking lot we noticed a man with his face painted and I suggested to Jason that we were probably not ready for what was about to happen to us. (Please know that we've lived in Texas for 7 years and are proud to say that we've not been to any football games - no offense football fans out there) At that point I noticed that this same man (face paint man) was holding a fishing pole. At this time I realized that I was in way over my head - I had no idea why you needed your face painted and you needed a fishing pole! What in the world?! We decided to wing it and moved on hoping that no one would notice our lack of these two "essentials." HA! HA!
We were told to arrive an hour early but because of the crowded parking lot we only got there 30 minutes early. When we got there we found out that all the games were running behind so we didn't start at 1pm as the schedule showed, we started at 2pm. That gave us an hour and a half to walk around, play in the van and generally be bored.
When the game finally started, KZ&A entertained themselves with the dirt and Jason and I waited anxiously for our favorite player to hit the field. I learned about 1st downs (surprisingly not the first time my child is tackled or tackles someone - j/k) and about defense. Finally after about one injury per play (to our team) we got to half time, and we still had not seen B on the field! After half time B got on the field, another one of our players was injured and our coach called a forfeit. Apparently according to B the team was bigger, the referees were not calling fouls and as I mentioned earlier our team was getting injured every time they blew the whistle. So the pictures that you will see are the one and only time that B was actually on the field. Crazy!
Waiting and walking.


Do you see this big guy?! Most of them were that big
(not that I was expecting anything different)


A couple of days ago - A dressing up in K's ballet costume.

A's new sassy hair cut.

Daddy waiting for the game.

Z playing in the back of the van waiting for the game.

The lazy dog with this own personal pillow - he's got the life!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Those are some big kids. But I'm glad B is playing for a coach who has his players safety in mind...that's awesome. And welcome to the wonderful world of football. Give it time...you've lived in Texas long enough and now you'll be dragged into understanding another great part of this state. :-)

tmn said...

I'm not sure if I am ready for a football game....I refuse to paint my face, and other nonsense. I am glad that you learned about 1st down..ha ha!! Those guys on the other team are huge, where did they come from???? I'm just glad to know that B is fast on his feet and can run fast. I absolutely love the new sassy hairdo on A...too cute. Thanks for the pics.
Love tmn